Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Google spreadsheets

Got my hands on this baby last week. I must say, I saw fireworks. I saw the future of computing. 5 reasons why I think it is the beginning of the new tomorrow:
1. People dont want to pay for software. Google has revolutionized the way people think and operate. My company just ran out of money and had to be sold because we were selling software.
2. It is time that computing and communication came together to create collaborative work platforms. What is better if all this is already paid for when you pay for your internet connection.
3. People have been chasing the big fish. But there are only so many big fish in the ocean. It is time people realized that the small fish, collectively, are much more valuable. And it does not take a gigantic net and hundreds of harpoons and a huge ass boat to catch one. Any fisherman with a make shift hook is in business.
4. If you use the Lewandowski method for forecasting sale, you are likely to achieve 90% forecast accuracy (I know.. it depends). If you use simple moving averages using the google spreadsheets, you may get to 80%. Low hanging fruit do not require much effort.
5. With the kind of volume which will begin using these softwares, money is definitely going to flow. This will help the creators to bridge the functionality gap, thus totally eliminating competition.

Google... hmm. Wonder what Microsoft is thinking??

1 Comments:

Blogger Nalin said...

Agreed! Security is an issue. But I think it is highly overrated. If someone really wants your data, they can get it no matter what you do. I also agree with the MS catching up with Google point. I heard a few MS employees talk about who they view as competition.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home