Thursday, June 15, 2006

To go or not to go.. part 2

More questions... just when u people thought I would leave you alone to enjoy every day as it comes!!
How much money is enough???
I am going to be frank... I have not figured this one out. I want a bunglow in Pune... well technically.. I have one. But I want one with a swimming pool and in the Aundh area so my son (I told you I plan at every given opportunity) can study in Loyola High School! So how much money is needed??? I dont know.. a few crores today. By the time I have a few crores (contingent upon me continuing to bear corporate insanity and marrying the only daughter of a rich and ailing business tycoon) it will be more than that. It is evident I cant count money over a few crores when I am thinking rupees. Somehow a billion dollars dont have as much glamour as a few crore rupees. To me atleast. Because I have yearned for a 2 rupee paav-vadaa like I have never yearned for anything in my life.
Any way. So that is how I began analyzing how much money I need. Turns out.. not a good way to begin.
So I began discussing this with my mom. She has always been an excellent sounding board with interjected "Khanya purte kamavsheel naa???" "You will earn enough to buy a square meal right???" and "kaahi khara naahi baba" "This is FUBAR". Somehow, the right emotion does not come across in English. People who dont know Marathi, my apologies. So, as mothers usually do, she added another question to the list... which kinda sums it all...
What will make you happy???
This is in line with what do u want... but you dont always want things that make you happy. I know this does not make sense.. but i have real life examples... where what i have wanted has not made me happy.
The obvious follow up question...
What is happiness???
This is where I usually lose my audience.. when it starts getting philosphical. So i am going to stop here. I think I need to work on that last question. I also have to work on my left leg kicks in soccer. I missed a sitter today because I had to move the ball to my right foot. I was good with my left as well... but in testing times, the reliable one comes out. No stupid ass puns intented. Over and out :)

2 Comments:

Blogger sameer said...

Brilliant questions, and as you mention in the last few sentences of the blog, you lost your audience somewhere in the middle. 0 comments for this particular blog while the others much shallower blogs have received 8 comments.
But you know me bro, I stuck through the entire blog, and even taking the courage to write the first comment!
Brilliant question, and I think the answer is equally simple.. I think you are currently already happy.. in this dilemma.. confusion that you are in today.. its like the pendulum .. sways one way.. looses energy .. you would think its almost given up.. but all it has done is gained energy to swing mightily the other way! and thats sweet happiness for it ..
Typically people who know what is happiness cannot say they are happy ... I think .. so you are on your way man .. dont worry .. this is happiness .. rather than a billion dollar cash .. or mansion overlooking the number 1 highway .. or Miss Universe for Company ..

9:16 AM  
Blogger Nalin said...

So what you are saying is that I am happy but I just dont know it yet?? Thats a nice way to put it :) Well I agree that the process is what matters and not so much the answer. But the question will keep nagging me.
Pendulum example was a over my comprehension... but my intellect has always been questionable :)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home